This morning brought a morning of no power, and so it gave me a chance to get to some paper work that I hadn’t put away. One of those small stacks happened to be my notes from a Beth Moore conference. One of the statements caught my eye: “Satan is looking for what will make you quit.” Wow!! That makes one stop and think. That means, he is looking around not just as a roaring lion seeking to devour, but he is also looking for ways to trip us up in the mean time! No wonder God keeps reminding us to know His Word and to seek to have an intimate relationship with Him. We need that to help prevent the devils schemes at undermining our faith walk.
It can start so innocently through one little thing that goes sideways and we can get set up for a snow ball effect for the rest of the day. While the devil sits back and laughs because he has found a way to make you quit for the day. Boy! That lights a fire under me! I don’t want to be one to give up and sometimes I recognize his work right away and others times I don’t. But I have some tools that have helped me to be a bit more aware of the schemes of the enemy. Here are a few:
- I start my day with 5 things I am thankful for.
- I ask God to show me what He would have me to do today.
- I surrender to God all that I am and then also all that I’m not.
- I ask Him to show me all He has called ME to do. What I am called to do may not be what someone else is called to do.
- I ask God to help me believe Him over how I feel.
Don’t let the enemy in your door today and make you give up or quit. Press on and do a little stomping of your own. You know what I mean!