Boy! Are you feeling the waves of life hitting you today? I have to say, I sure am feeling it. So when these kinds of things happen for me, I seek out the things that will bring my heart back into alignment. What do I do?
- I start with a mocha in the morning.
- I don’t just drink it from the cup.
- I ENJOY the taste of it, enjoy the cup I use, and the place where I am drinking it. The whole thing becomes an experience.
- I dial down.
- I listen for the birds talking.
- I ask God to give me the perspective I need for my situation.
- I and The Captain are taking a drive, which is always a treat in my car!
- The Captain and I are driving to the ocean today, and that is one place where I can FEEL my rhythm come back.
- I begin to put hearts in my Gratitude Jar to remember what God HAS done.
- I ask God to give me the love in my heart that only He can give.
- I stay in the Word and study on a regular basis. That in itself, gives me more knowledge and it reminds of how God wants me to live.
- When I am in the Word, it also keeps my focus in the right place, and on the right things.
This was challenged this week as it become very apparent that my sweet vintage range is not going to be something that I can keep. (I am going to sell it though, if anyone is interested.) So begins our search for a range. We have looked at so many, trying to find information and make a decision about what would be best for my kind of cooking. It can be overwhelming. Of course, money is an issue also. I’m trying to be gracious about what I get and the money that is spent. I am also having to get a fridge and so in order to do both, I may have to spend less on my range. I could feel my attitude tanking a bit after going around to see so many different ranges that I would love to have. My attitude surfaces: “I mean, how many times do I have to compromise?” And THEN… the Holy Spirit taps my shoulder and reminds me of what He HAS done:
- my ongoing faith journey with God
- the car I drive
- the car my hubby drives
- the house I have
- the extra for some of the work in the house
- the remodeling I have been able to do
- the back yard paradise
Aren’t we funny creatures? We have the waves of life hit us, and we let them come and pull us under. But really, all we have to do is stand up! When we do, the waves aren’t nearly as high. I know many of you are dealing with waves way worse than a decision about a range. But the premise is the same. We have to allow God to work. We can’t sit in the waves, wonder why they are so rough, and why they won’t stop. They won’t. They may become less ominous, but they won’t go away. There will be another one. It is best that we learn how we can stand up against them and move forward, and even away from the big ones. Let the waves wash away the ugly and take it with. What comes back is fresh and new.
Getting back to my revelation about what I had been given, there many. Too many to count. Then… I have to ask for forgiveness. Yep. I silently ask God to forgive me, and give me what He thinks would be best for our kitchen. And as I have done before, I lay it down and ask Him to give me joy; joy that I can even GET a new range and fridge.
I once again heard a song this last week called, “Leave It There”. Boy! That is so fitting for me this week. Take all my burdens to the Lord and leave it there. So, once again, God knows what the desires of my heart are… He cares… and He will do what is best for me.
And maybe, just maybe, our TV will quit working.
Walking the journey with you…